What is Art Vistas?
- Art Vistas is a fun and exciting art program for Kindergarten through 5th grade that is staffed entirely by parents volunteers.
- Parent volunteers do not need any experience or background in teaching or art education. We provide training and lesson plans.
- Our volunteers (called docents) give six 20-minute presentations throughout the year in their child’s class showing art prints.
- Each presentation is followed by a hands-on project where the children get a chance to apply some of the concepts that they have learned.
- Docents spend about one and a half hours in the classroom, six times during the school year.
- At the end of the year, the art projects can be displayed at an Art Show.
See "What we teach" for more details.
Art Vistas, Inc. is recognized as a tax-exempt non-profit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)(3). Contributions are deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you need our tax ID number and/or a receipt for a donation that you've made to Art Vistas, Inc., please email the Art Vistas, Inc Treasurer at email@example.com