What we teach
- Art Vistas introduces students (Kindergarten through 5th grade) to famous artists from around the world such as Hokusai, Renoir, and Warhol.
- Using detailed curriculum, parent volunteers present prints of famous artwork in the classroom to students. Students learn to be thoughtful art observers and will be familiar with the different elements of art and principles of art.
- Elements of art: lines, shape, color, texture, and value.
- Principles of art: Balance, Rhythm, Contrast, Perspective, Emphasis, and Harmony.
- Each artwork presentation is followed by a hands-on project where the children get a chance to apply some of the concepts that they have learned.
See our "Lessons and projects" page for more details.